Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day


Adam and I have been keeping BUSY! We have to keep some of our reasons for being a busy a secret for now, but, not to worry, you'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, here's how we celebrated Valentine's Day.  :)

My honey got me beautiful red roses!

We don't really go out to restaurants for Valentine's Day. (Actually, I don't think I've ever gone to a restaurant on V-Day...in my whole life!! Oh well!) It just seems too busy, crowded, and we like snuggling together. Of course, usually, we'll have a glass of wine or two, but the pregnancy delayed that tradition. Anyhow, we planned what we wanted to eat a few days in advance and then had fun whipping it up together.

Fresh-baked bread with herb-infused olive oil

Mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, and baked salmon with roasted tomatoes. Serious YUM!

My sweetheart  :)

We couldn't decide what we wanted for dessert, so I suggested baking and decorating cupcakes. I LOVE decorating cupcakes, but I'm usually so controlling that I don't allow anyone else to help. I loosened up, and I'm so pleased that I did. Adam was so much fun to work with, and our cupcakes tasted fantastic!

We chose to use three colors: white, pinky-red, and purple. And then we just went to town. Some were more precise, some flowery, some just delicious swirls of icing. Overall, it was a blast! Plus, we had dessert for weeks (or, maybe, just one week). I can't wait to do it again!

Our tray of decorated cupcakes!

 I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very sweet Valentine. Next year you will have two boys to snuggle with and make sweets for!

    ReplyDelete