Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Gwendolyn, Month Two


Gwendolyn is amazing! And she's two months old!! Wow!



She weighs 12 lbs, 3 oz (78th percentile) and is 23 inches long (69th percentile). Both of those are fairly close to Latham, though he was just slightly bigger and longer at this point. (It's not a competition; I just like to be able to compare.) Her head is 15.25 inches (47th percentile), and this category goes to Gwendolyn in a big way. Latham's head measurement still hasn't cracked the 25th percentile. He's like mommy and has a small head, and I guess that makes Gwendolyn like daddy with her normal-sized head.  :)




She smiles responsively now. And tracks objects and people with her eyes. She loves looking at the world--bright-eyed and interested all the time when she's awake. A gentleman came up to me after church one day and explained that his church experience had been made even better by getting to watch G's expressions of wonder and happiness when she stared up at the fans while I was walking up for communion.

She's a pro at pushing up and doesn't seem to mind tummy time. She doesn't care about rolling (either on her back or one her tummy), but I know it'll eventually come.

We've started a 5-week baby massage class. I had wanted to do it with Latham, but was never able to figure out time when he was an infant, so I'm so happy I can do it with her. I've learned massage techniques for her feet, legs, tummy, and chest so far. Adam may join us for the next couple of classes. Latham likes to watch me massage her and I even massaged him a couple of times (though it tickled him more than relaxed him).

Adam had to travel overseas for two weeks for work. We all missed him terribly, and I'm so glad that he's gotten some good cuddle time with G since he's been back (despite the toddler wanting his attention all the time).



She took a pacifier early on, but, recently, this pacifier (the giraffe below) has become her lovey. Thank you to Julie Way, who gifted it to her.
We love our little girl!

1 comment: