Thursday, January 9, 2020

Shakespeare2020: Introduction

Hello! It's been quite a time. I've been busy with kids, and running for office, and living life. But, as a sort of resolution, I was inspired to do Shakespeare 2020 and to read all the works of Shakespeare during the 2020 calendar year. I figured I could also use the challenge to update my blog page, so here goes...

For this challenge, I'll do a short write-up when I finish each play, poem, etc. But, it's not going to be a book report type-of-write-up. It'll be a little bit more messy. If you want to read what happens, find a Spark Notes (or ask me!). But, I'll be digging in more to a few parts of the text that leapt out at me or that I thought differently about with this most recent reading. I have read the whole Shakespeare body of work several times (and certain plays many MANY times); I attended a doctoral program in Renaissance Literature (as I call it "Shakespeare + Friends); and I'm excited to talk about in a casual yet comfortable way.

So...here we go, on to Shakespeare2020!


Here's proof that I've been busy! I'm the one on the left.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment