Saturday, April 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAKESPEARE!

William Shakespeare:
Born April 23, 1564. Died April 23, 1616.
Best writer EVER.


I'm an American. Born and bred in the Midwest. But, jiminy crickets, I adore Mr. William Shakespeare. I wish I was British....sometimes, despite the lack of penicillin, internet, etc, I wish I lived in Renaissance England. Oh well, at least I can read his fabulous works!

I love reading his works, and I feel like I learn things (about love, supernatural creatures, hatred, adoration, jealousy, education, wine, laughter, faith, family, friends, and everything) everytime I pick up a Shakespearean work. I miss talking about Shakespeare with fellow scholars....and I often cry just thinking that I don't have the chance to study Shakespeare anymore. However, I try to raise my chin, and just appreciate the fact that I can read his works (and no idiotic professors can take that from me!) and that I know a-freaking-lot about the man, the works, and the passions within his plays. Shakespeare helps me be a better person, and I'm forever grateful that he graced the world with his talent. I'm trying to figure out how I can also impact the world. Thanks to Shakespeare, I have a great role model. Sure, some people might think I'm a bit crazy for looking up to someone who lived 400 years ago, but I don't really care. Go Shakespeare...you simply rock!

So, today, I celebrate his 447th birthday (and 395th deathday--in HP fashion)! We're having a relaxing, happy day. :)
Long live the Bard!

1 comment: