Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nursery Pics

We moved into our house in early March of 2012; Latham was born on April 8th. That's NOT a bunch of time, especially considering that we were both working, were moving in and cleaning our old place, painting walls, doing House Hunters, and so much more. Plus, I was 9 months pregnant...so I couldn't do as many things as I would have wanted.

We did know what color we wanted to use, so we painted the room rather quickly. My parents purchased a glider and ottoman for us (from a local store), and that was delivered before anything else. We moved the furniture in and constructed the crib by late March. And then we put books on the bookshelves, a rug on the ground, got clothes/blankets/etc washed and into drawers shortly thereafter.

Everyone wanted to know our nursery theme, but I didn't care to have my theme decided by a whatever patterns happened to be in Babies R Us. So, we decided that we wanted blues, greens, grays, and browns in the room; we wanted elephants (Roll Tide!); and we wanted literature and literacy to be major components of the room. The literature was the most difficult part to integrate (save the books on the bookshelves). But I figured out which quotes I wanted, went to Etsy, and then got them to custom-make it for me. I like how it turned out, and I really recommend StickItThere. I received the quotes on April 9th, but didn't get to put them up until late April. I then hand-painted a stenciled series of elephants onto the walls, finally finishing in late May. The quotes are below...thanks to Shakespeare, Rowling, and the Bible!

After 9 months of a baby, I can say that I really think we did a good job of designing our nursery and utilizing space. We use an old dresser for his drawers and it doubles as the changing table (with a changing pad secured to the top. It's a great height, and there's a lot of handy space around (to hang the diaper storage bag; hide the diaper genie; have wipes, vaseline, medicines, etc easily in reach).

Some pics:









And, yes, I meant to publish this in April of last year. And, yes, I know the pictures aren't the best. My response: Come and see our nursery for yourself; you'll find it adorable! Plus, the little person in the nursery seems to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment