Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The "other guy" in my life!

It's my man's birthday! 450 years young! 


I've always had a super crush on Shakespeare. Some years, I've baked cupcakes; all years, I've tried to generate enthusiasm amongst other people. Oddly, not everyone is as excited about Shakespeare as I am. But who cares? I love him!


Now that I have a precious son, I'm trying to help him enjoy Shakespeare. I didn't have any Shakespeare-themed clothes for him this year (epic mom/Shakespeare scholar FAIL), so you'll have to enjoy this picture of him last year! He can say "Shakespeare" now but I couldn't get a good video of it. (Alas!)



In honor of the birthday boy (and because I don't have time to bake cupcakes), I thought I'd post my current ranking of Shakespeare plays! They're in order from least to most liked, as of 2:49 p.m. on 4/23/2014. If you're amazed at any of my choices, feel free to talk to me. And, remember, the order is always changing! 


38. The Two Noble Kinsmen 
37. Measure for Measure 
36. Troilus and Cressida 
35. The Two Gentlemen of Verona 
34. Henry VI, Part 2 
33. Coriolanus 
32. Henry VI, Part 3 
31. Pericles 
30. Henry VI, Part 1 
29. Timon of Athens 
28. Henry VIII 
27. Richard II 
26. Cymbeline 
25. Romeo and Juliet 
24. All's Well That Ends Well 
23. Henry IV, Part 1 
22. Henry IV, Part 2 
21. The Winter's Tale 
20. King John 
19. The Comedy of Errors 
18. Antony and Cleopatra 
17. Love's Labour’s Lost 
16. Titus Andronicus 
15. The Merry Wives of Windsor 
14. As You Like It 
13. Henry V 
12. Othello 
11. The Merchant of Venice 
10. Julius Caesar 
9. King Lear 
8. Richard III 
7. The Taming of the Shrew 
6. The Tempest 
5. A Midsummer Night's Dream 
4. Twelfth Night 
3. Hamlet 
2. Macbeth 
1. Much Ado About Nothing

Happy Shakespeare's Birthday!!

1 comment: