Sunday, April 5, 2015

It's a Dragon Picnic!

We threw Latham his third birthday party this weekend! I still can't believe that my boy will be three in just a couple of days. He's amazing and exasperating, and I'm so thrilled that I get to be his mommy.  He's become so talkative this past year, and he cracks us up with his personality and expressions. When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he immediately said "cupcakes!" Later, he elaborated that he loved picnics and dragons more than anything else, so we created a loose theme of a dragon picnic.












The main creative activity I planned was a Dragon Egg Hunt. Two of Latham's favorite dragons, Toothless and Percy, had hidden easter eggs outside in our yard. The goal was for the kids to find all the little easter eggs and then they would all then receive some bigger, glittery "dragon" eggs with stickers and raisins inside. It worked really well, and the kids seemed to have a blast!















Then we had an excellent rendition of "Happy Birthday to Latham." I can't get it to upload right now, but I'll keep trying. I'm so glad that he had fun, an that he had so many wonderful friends that helped him celebrate in true dragon-picnic style.

I'm so proud and amazed by my boy! He's the smartest, most adorable creature on earth. Happy birthday to you!

1 comment: