Monday, February 21, 2011

Marginalia

My apologies for my lapse in blogging. I've got some pictures from Valentine's Day and from a wonderful visit with Adam's parents, but I've got just a few more papers to grade! In the meantime, I found this lovely article about marginalia.

Marginalia is the description for things written in the margins of (usually) printed texts. Of utmost fun is when a famous author writes marginalia in their books or in others (this article talks about Mark Twain's snarky comments). I studied quite a bit of this in graduate school, and I do miss studying these extra-textual events. Perhaps I'll just start doing some dissertation-level research...without the hassle of the dissertation! After all, just reading this article brought a huge smile to my face and sparked thousands of interesting questions and ideas into my mind. And my mind has been lacking that stimulation for a bit...maybe it's time to get back in mental acuity shape! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment