Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cakes in Cups!

I love baking cupcakes. Ok, wait, I better rephrase. I like baking cupcakes, but I LOVE icing cupcakes. I couldn't think of a good theme for these cupcakes because I was really making them just to make them. As a result, I experimented with making different summer flowers. Thoughts on my cupcakes?



And here are some close-ups. I did make one special one: a take on the Brasilian flag, for my sweetheart Adam.




So, my question to you, dear readers: What types of cupcake themes would you recommend? If you suggest something, maybe I'll send you some to try! :)

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Of course, I'm partial to the Brazilian flag one myself. I'm hosting a baby shower on Aug. 1 and had actually thought about doing cupcakes instead of buying a cake. Any good ideas? (It's a boy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think cupcakes for a baby shower would be great. As for ideas, that's a little tougher. If you know what they're planning to name the baby, you could monogram the initials onto each cupcake? Or, you could do different shades of blues, greens, purples. Sometimes a bunch of cupcakes with just different colors can look fun and is fairly easy. One last suggestion is a swirled icing cupcake. For that, drip a little food coloring into the icing and lightly mix. But don't fully mix in the food coloring...it'll be swirls of blues with some white, some light blue, etc, throughtout. Then just place that icing onto the cupcakes. You just have to be sure that you don't overmix the food coloring and are able to get the shade variations onto the cupcake. But it looks quite pretty and whimisical. :)

    ReplyDelete