Thursday, July 1, 2010

Perchance to Dream

I have very, very odd dreams. Saying that, though, might be a bit silly. Aren't all dreams odd?

I'm lucky, though, because I do tend to remember my dreams. My husband rarely remembers his dreams, so I'm always giving him details of my dreams. However, maybe it's better not to remember your dreams. Years ago, I had a dream where my sister and I verbally dueled and she said some horrible things about me. That morning, I woke up angry at Annette and went through the whole day just being a bear to her. When she confronted me about it in the evening, I said that I was being mean because of what she had said to me previously. And then I proceeded to give all the details of the dream. Annette said that we hadn't had any such argument and then I remembered that it had been a dream. So, yes, dreams can make you be quite foolish! I'm lucky that she forgave me.

Anyway, last night I dreamt that I was a Supreme Court judge. I was the youngest one of course, and only a couple of the other judges liked me (the rest thought I was too young). We met in some sort of Gothic, old-school Catholic cathedral, and I remember resting on a pew after a long day of judging things. The oddest part was that we seemed to be judging people becuse they *wanted* to be executed, and we were seeing if they were worthy of being executed. Yeah...I told you I dream odd dreams!

So, I tried to apply a dream diagnosis this morning. Why was I dreaming about this situation, and how can it help me in my real life? Here are my thoughts: Right before I went up to bed last night, I saw a few snippets of the new Supreme Court judge that the Senate is checking. So maybe that's why Supreme Court stuff was in my head. The annoyance that I was too young probably stems from my frustation in looking for a job; I have experience and I'd be good at any number of positions, but I just haven't hd a bunch of opportunities to prove myself as yet. I like Catholic cathedrals, so that part is easy to understand, but my bed is much more comfortable than a pew...so I'm not sure about that yet! Finally, judging people who want to be executed. Umm, I have *no* idea about that! Anyone want to apply some diagnosis for that thought pattern? It could be fun! :)

Sorry for this random post, but I think dreaming can be quite splendid. And, as Albus Dumbledore said in HP7, "Just because it's happening inside your head , Harry, why on earth should that mean it's not real?" That's my mantra for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment