Sunday, May 29, 2011

Double Rainbow, Copeland-style

Virginia has had many storms and quite a bit of rain this spring. Good for the plants, I suppose! Adam and I were out house-hunting in the middle of an afternoon shower, but then the sky cleared up as we headed back to our townhouse. As we drove home, we spotted a single, perfect, bright rainbow. That's always cheerful! So, thanks to the iPhone, I snapped a few pics.

beautiful!

rainbow over the road

It kept getting stronger.

And, then, could it be?
As we drove through Bridgewater, VA, there seemed to be a double rainbow forming??


So, as Adam drove, we started looking at the sky more closely.

Here's my husband, driving carefully and searching for rainbows!

Some definite double rainbow action starting to peek through...

A graveyard double rainbow--money shot!

yes, the double rainbow is strengthening!!


And, then, because I'm a little crazy, I decided to take a short video of this beautiful double rainbow! :) Keep in mind, we're driving 40 mph or so, and I'm a bit of a "woo" girl at the end....because I'm crazy like that!




Oh, what a fun day! I love tracking rainbows with my husband! :)





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I absolutely love the video - it's so Cathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how many great pictures you were able to take. And the video cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete