Sunday, May 29, 2011

Eva's Baptism

My beautiful niece, Eva Claire Bull, was baptized in mid-May. I was lucky enough to be able to fly to Indianapolis for the weekend! :) I got to see my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece. My parents and brother came down for the weekend as well, and I got to even see one cousin and his wife and adorable boys. It was great, but I was sad that Adam couldn't come with me.

When I arrived, we got to relax together on a beautiful summer day. And, later, we even went swimming later at the hotel where my parents were staying. (I hadn't brought a suit, so I got to be the official photographer!)

What a sweet summer outfit! My mom made the whole thing! It's amazing!!

Sweet sleeping time!

Ethan, with his haircut and new toy

Ethan told me he wanted to try to make an "old man" face.
Did he succeed?


What a cute swimming suit!

First time in a pool! Future Olympic swimmer??

The group swimming up a storm.

Eva looks surprised by all this water!

Grandma's trying to warm up Eva.

On Sunday, it was time for the baptism. I am Eva's godmother (just like I am for my 5-year-old nephew and Eva's brother, Ethan). My brother, David, was the godfather. Fun, fun! Eva wore the baptism dress that has been in my family for four generations! After the baptism, we went back to the house for lunch and cake! Yum!!

She really wants to get out of the christening dress.

My mother-in-law made a wonderful baptism cap to match the dress
and mailed it to my sister! :)

Grandma, Eva, and I

Proud grandparents with their granddaughter.

The godparents with Eva.

Picture of the whole crew and priest.

A godmother always takes pictures with her godson.

Brother and sister in church.

A lovely ladies shot in church.

My sister made and decorated the cake and the cupcakes with crosses on them.
I decorated the crazier cupcakes...including one spiderman cupcake for Ethan. :)

Of course, I did have to leave after the weekend. But, it looks like Ethan will stay with Adam and I a bit over the summer, so I can't wait for that!

A smiling niece!

Ethan's sad that I'm leaving :(

My wonderful nephew!


Congratulations to sweet Eva! I can't wait to see you again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment