Thursday, March 19, 2020

Captain's Log, Day Four

One native awoke me early today to tell me that I looked peaceful in my sleep. Her torture skills are quite advanced.
Luckily, the other native did his chores (and the other native's chores), joyfully performed calculations and word problems, happily drew pictures, and mastered dribbling an orange ball.
Sailors throughout the world required Capt A's sailing knowledge; Capt C juggled natives and communication with a bevy of young scholars.

The natives stretched their bodies with yoga and stretched their minds by watching an Empire Striketh Back.
The sun shone forth and there was much rejoicing and even a wild rumpus in the afternoon, while Capt C scribbled suggestions on how to advance arguments to those young scholars.
Tonight, as I charted our progress by the starlight, the shore seemed so far away. But we have plenty of oranges, and I just hope everyone's ships can come safely to shore soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment