Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Captain's Log, Day Seven

Today Capt A began to resemble Capt Ahab...
I was locked in my cubicle most of the day discussing moving pictures with scattered scholars. So Capt A, who also had a very busy work schedule, dealt alone with the scallywagging natives for many hours.
In my cubical, I heard shrieks of laughter and running water (extraordinary ships these days!). When I ventured out to the galley, the natives chose to demonstrate their ability to fling themselves off furniture items. During rest time, the natives competed to see who could scream the loudest.
I supervised and enforced chores at the end of the day and one native thought a game of hide-and-seek would be brilliant. She neglected to tell me where she was so I had to lure her out with the promise of Oreos.
The natives did tickle the ivories well and cheerfully eat their grub. While Capt A took them on a walk, a neighboring ship called for the fire brigade! Our neighbor’s ship is sound (thank goodness!) and our natives were elated by the fleet of fire vessels sent.
Poor Capt A needs a nap. Capt C may not even make him put on his device to cease snoring! (Spoiler: She still will.)

No comments:

Post a Comment